Sunday, September 17, 2006
I thought today I would start working on recording some of my dollmaking exploits in an effort to focus and improve my dollmaking skills. The picture is of a doll, Laura, that I would like to finish soon. She is currently an amputee, but I have her arms and legs sewn, gessoed, and ready to be painted. I think its time she gets finished and dressed properly as a doll. I have decided not to paint on her head any more, except perhaps to do some more shading in her hair.
This is the sculpted I did at Dianna Effners seminar and I have two heads in papermache and two in porcelain I am working on. This is the first to be painted, and it was fun getting to know her face.